Established in 1970, Montgomery Transport Group is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of logistical services. The company is a privately owned business, part of the Ballyvesey Holdings Group that has grown significantly in recent years, now providing a diverse range of Logistics Services throughout the United Kingdom, Ireland and Europe.
We pride ourselves on working closely with our customers, presenting continual service and cost improvements, whilst constantly striving to add value through creativity & innovation.
Due to continued growth Montgomery Transport is currently seeking to recruit a Trainee Customs Broker to join the team on a hybrid working model based at the company’s head office in Newtownabbey.
- Duties to include but not limited to:
- Processing of UK and EU Customs Declarations for Irish Sea RoRo
- A high attention to detail while working as part of a team
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Expediting Full Customs Clearances while maintaining Customs Compliance
- Interaction with all Stakeholders
- Standing Data & records maintenance
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks as required by the company
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Team player
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office, spreadsheets &, Databases
- Capacity to learn new skills and take direction but work on your own initiative
- Good communicator with fluency in written and spoken English
- Five GCSEs or equivalent including English and Maths
- Willing to work on shift/rota
- Experience in a busy office
- Awareness of Brexit, Customs Procedures, International Trade and Transport
- Use of Bespoke software
- Ability to interpret Commercial paperwork and Incoterms
In reward for your efforts, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Salary: £22,500 – £26,500 depending on experience and performance.
- Service Days Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Wellbeing program
- Cash Health Plan
- Opportunity to work hybrid up to one day per week at home
Closing date for applications: 3rd January 2023
Job Ref: MC/AH/TCB/12/22
Montgomery Transport is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community